Australian Materials Research Society
The International Conference for Young Researchers on Advanced Materials (ICYRAM)will be held in Adelaide, Australia, 5 - 7 November 2018.
The International Union of Materials Research Society – International Conference in Asia (IUMRS-ICA) will be held in Bali, Indonesia, from Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2018.
The International Conference of Asia Pacific Academy of Materials 2018 -- Trends and Challenges of Materials Science and Engineering is scheduled to be held on 19-22 June 2018
The International Union of Materials Research Society – International Conference on Electronic Materials 2018 (IUMRS-ICEM2108) will be held from August 19 ~ 24, 2018
About the AMRS
The Australian Materials Research Society (AMRS) was established in 1988 as the Australian Adhering Body to the International Union of Materials Research Societies (IUMRS). AMRS is not a society in its own right but an umbrella body that connects to the materials science and engineering research community in Australia through members of relevant professional societies or networks with a strong interest in materials science and engineering. AMRS has strong links to the Australian Academy of Science's National Committee for Materials Science and Engineering (NCMSE) which has several aims which align with those of AMRS and also overlapping committee membership with the AMRS Executive Committee. Consistent with the aims of IUMRS, both AMRS and NCMSE seek to promote interdisciplinary materials research and education in Australia, provide a network of connections to the Australian materials science and engineering community with a particular focus on early- to mid-career (EMCR) researchers, and encourage the running of interdisciplinary jointly-sponsored materials meetings and conferences, including international meetings sponsored by IUMRS. The affairs and activities of AMRS are managed by an Executive Committee.
AMRS aims and objectives
- To facilitate national cooperation among materials research societies, networks and organizations in Australia.
- To contribute to the advancement of materials science and engineering research in all its aspects.
- To advance the multidisciplinary nature of materials research.
- To promote information exchange among national societies, networks and organisations with interests in interdisciplinary materials research, and to work to help coordinate their activities.
- To promote broad communication of materials research activities in partnership with the NCMSE.
- To promote networking opportunities for EMCRs including the running of specific EMCR events and mentoring.
- To coordinate, develop, promote and encourage national conferences, workshops and outreach activities, in collaboration with the NCMSE.
- To promote materials science and engineering education.
- To provide international links, through its Adhering Body relationship with IUMRS, to coordinate, develop, promote and encourage international conferences, workshops and outreach activities.