Australian Materials Research Society AMRS Membership (Free) Registration
The 21st International Union of Materials Research SocietiesI International Conference in Asia (IUMRS-ICA 2020) will be held in The Empress Hotel, Chiang Mai, Thailand, February 16th-19th, 2021.
The IUMRS and the Brazillian MRS Society are proud to announce that the 2020 IUMRS-ICEM will be held in the city of Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, 30th August to 3rd September 2020.
The International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICONN) is scheduled to be held in Brisbane, Australia, 9 - 13 September 2019.
The Congress of Asia Pacific Academy of Materials (APAM) is scheduled to be held in Guangzhou, China, 15 - 18 November 2019.
Call for Applications: MRSS Visiting Researchers
The aim of the MRSS Visiting Researchers is to encourage the visit of early and mid-career materials scientists of the Asian region ( 10-15 years of post-doctoral research experience or Assistant Professor/Associate Professor position or equivalent ) to work at the National University of Singapore (NUS) or the Nanyang Technological University NTU for a maximum period of six months.
Those who wish to avail this opportunity may first contact the people working in the field of their research interest at the National University of Singapore (NUS) or the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore and get the acceptance to host their visit for the said period. They may then send in their request to MRS Singapore (email@example.com) along with the completed application form) and all the relevant documents like CV, publications, proposed research work, acceptance from the host Faculty/Departmental Head/School Chair, endorsement from the home MRS, and details of the financial support needed.
Priority will be given to those who receive partial support from his/her home institution or university. Support from MRS Singapore can be up to S$10,000 for each visitor towards travel, accommodation and living expenses for the total duration of the visit program.
About the AMRS
The Australian Materials Research Society (AMRS) was established in 1988 as the Australian Adhering Body to the International Union of Materials Research Societies (IUMRS). AMRS is not a society in its own right but an umbrella body that connects to the materials science and engineering research community in Australia through members of relevant professional societies or networks with a strong interest in materials science and engineering. AMRS has strong links to the Australian Academy of Science's National Committee for Materials Science and Engineering (NCMSE) which has several aims which align with those of AMRS and also overlapping committee membership with the AMRS Executive Committee. Consistent with the aims of IUMRS, both AMRS and NCMSE seek to promote interdisciplinary materials research and education in Australia, provide a network of connections to the Australian materials science and engineering community with a particular focus on early- to mid-career (EMCR) researchers, and encourage the running of interdisciplinary jointly-sponsored materials meetings and conferences, including international meetings sponsored by IUMRS. The affairs and activities of AMRS are managed by an Executive Committee.
AMRS aims and objectives
- To facilitate national cooperation among materials research societies, networks and organizations in Australia.
- To contribute to the advancement of materials science and engineering research in all its aspects.
- To advance the multidisciplinary nature of materials research.
- To promote information exchange among national societies, networks and organisations with interests in interdisciplinary materials research, and to work to help coordinate their activities.
- To promote broad communication of materials research activities in partnership with the NCMSE.
- To promote networking opportunities for EMCRs including the running of specific EMCR events and mentoring.
- To coordinate, develop, promote and encourage national conferences, workshops and outreach activities, in collaboration with the NCMSE.
- To promote materials science and engineering education.
- To provide international links, through its Adhering Body relationship with IUMRS, to coordinate, develop, promote and encourage international conferences, workshops and outreach activities.